finished up some work on phase/animator today so that now it is capable of supporting widget element (as opposed to whole widget) animations and did a couple of api cleanups.
the icon minibutton appear/disappears are now done using phase/animator. i'm pretty happy with that. so happy that i did a a new screencast. it's a bit big, weighing in at 34mb. i'm hoping someone will re-encode it for me at a smaller size or better compression ratio, as i just took what record-my-desktop spat out and really don't have time today to play with it.
update: liquidat uploaded the screencast to dailymotion. thanks, guy!
we also got two new data engines submitted today: a dictionary engine (in playground/base/plasma/engines/dict) and a facebook engine (in playground/pim/kfacebook/plasma/engine). there's also an applet for the facebook engine in playground (guess where? =). anmma has also added her picture frame applet in playground/base/plasma/applets!
the dict engine was written by a couple of people new to qt/kde development and they said it only took a couple of hours, including the time they spent on the applet (which isn't in svn yet). which is pretty decent given they were starting from the basics and had to work their way on up from there. =)
it was really neat to open up the engine explorer, pick the dictionary applet and look up what the word "plasma" meant ;) i'm pretty amazed by how many contributions plasma has gotten already given that we're still in the middle of erecting the whole thing.
it's like having a really nice dinner party in a house without walls. i suppose that works ok in the tropics. which would mean free software is the tropics.
or something like that. =)