we did get to do some swing dancing. apparently one of the owners is totally into the swing dance thing and brings in people to do a quick swing dance class after dinner so people can move slightly more coherently to the music provided by the band. all in all a good night. so good that i took the next day off. just laid in bed and what not. wow! a day off! =)
but today was monday, which means libs day. i moved a few more classes into appropriate places in kdeui, so for instance all the cool new page model based widgets and dialogs that tobias worked on are in kdeui/paged/ now. the goal with all this is that kdeui is more approachable for a dev who just wants to work on a specific set of classes. which is why we're grouping them based on concept, of course! =)
i also made one wide impacting change: KStdAction is now KStandardAction and defined in kstandardaction.h. this led to me sitting in my work area, which today was the bedroom (happens to be where the desktop system is right now), with the laptop on one side and the desktop on the other running perl scripts and building modules. damn we have a lot of source code! i've still got two modules to compile and then check in: koffice, kwebdev and kdevelop. both are in process.
i noticed that kaction has changed a bit too. the constructors are now more in line with qaction's. so instead of doing:
KAction* action = new KAction(i18n("Name"), "icon", object, SLOT(slot()), actionCollection(), "name")
we now do:
KAction* action = new KAction(KIcon("icon"), i18n("Name"), actionCollection(), "name");
connect(action, SIGNAL(triggered(bool)), object, SLOT(slot()));
the code is, imho, more readable this way, easier to port from qaction and gives better control over the signal/slot connections.
montel was also a monster today hunting down one run-time dbus error after another. great work =)
and as if that wasn't enough, 7 of us or so gathered on irc for an art meeting. we discussed the oxygen widget style and window decoration. in particular, where we're going to develop it (in oxygen's svn), how we're going to communicate between the artists and developers (things like artists defining gradients in a way that us devs can grok, storyboarding for animations, etc..) and what our goals are (e.g. organics). we're going to have more of these meetings to keep everyone coordinated. look for some initial code drops by casper boemann shortly after ken weimer set up the directory structure in svn.
what a productive day =) tomorrow is back to work on krunner, with the hope of a commit to svn by the evening of a first working draft. e.g. something that launches apps and does basic searching while looking good doing it.